Your Destiny is Waiting to be Born Within You
I have a secret to tell you:
You have a destiny waiting to be born within you and only you can give it life.
When you were born – actually, even before you were born, a particular mission was planted in your heart, like a seed you carried with you to this Earth. This seed lies dormant within you all the days of your life, waiting for the right conditions to sprout and begin to grow.
- Like waiting for the sun to shine upon it, the seed of your destiny has been waiting for your attention and awareness of its presence within you.
- Like water that is needed to soften the shell so the seedling can break through and begin to sprout into this world, your destiny has been longing for the day you will shower it with love and burning desire to bring it to life.
The seed of your destiny is yours and yours alone.
You were the lucky one born with this particular mission, purpose or destiny within you and you (and only you) can be the one to give it life and make it come alive in this world. It’s yours, purposefully planted inside of you because you are the one who must discover it, must tend to it and must “birth” it out into the world.
Your destiny isn’t just something you give to this world, but something the world exists to give to you.
Your destiny calls to you in the smallest of moments, in the quiet of the night, in the moment between distracting thoughts, when things become still and you suddenly feel this yearning for something “more.” That “something more” is you calling to you. It’s your truth and the reason you were born, sometimes whispering and sometimes screaming at you to wake up, and give it life.
What so many people long to hear but what no one seems to believe of themselves is that,
“The world NEEDS you.”
Guess what? I have another secret: Your existence here in this life is not a mistake.
You were born with this destiny in your heart for two main reason:
- The first, was because whatever gifts you possess, your unique and special gift is something the world needs and you are the only one who can provide it.
- The second reason is, on your journey and as you seek to discover your destiny and bring it to life, the path you walk and every experience you have along the way serve to change and transform you into the person you were born to be.
Everything that has ever happened to you, that you have ever thought or felt are all clues pointing you to your destiny and what you are meant to share of yourself with this world.
You aren’t here to pass your days feeling lost or confused or always yearning for something else. These feelings exist within you because they serve to point you in the right direction, to make you so hungry and so desperate for an answer that you finally wake up one day and go looking for that answer.
Your answer to the calls of your own heart is your destiny and what you are meant to share with the world. No one else feels the way you do, was born into the life you live, has had the unique experiences you have had.
That answer you seek lays waiting to be found within you.
Navigating the yearnings of your heart and diving deep into discovering what you love and what you long to share with the world can be confusing but I promise you, there is no more rewarding or fulfilling experience than to being the journey within to discover your truth.
As you do, you will begin to discover your “truth” is actually the very same things that feel like joy and love to you. What you long to see in this world and what you long to give to this world is your destiny.
- If you love teaching and sharing knowledge, whether it is to inner-city children or students in a private boarding school or in a yoga class, then teaching is your destiny because it is what you love to do and what makes you feel alive.
- If you love everything about business, about spreading and sharing products and new ideas and making an impact on the public, then this is your destiny too.
- If you love your family and raising your kids and you work at a job that maybe doesn’t feel like your “passion” but provides for those things you love in your life, then you are living your destiny. You are raising and influencing your children and that is what you are meant to do because this is what you love and long to do every day of your life.
The thing about destiny is that it transcends all scales. There is no such thing as one person’s “epic destiny” and another’s “less important” destiny.
Every destiny is important. Every. Single. One.
Because it takes each of us, with each of our unique gifts to share with this world to complete the whole. If everyone was meant to lead a revolution, there would be no one left to lead or to rise up against. If everyone was meant to teach, there would be no one left to learn.
It’s as if the world is a never-ending play and we’re all a part of it. We each are present to play our own unique parts and it takes all of us to make the world go around and to make the story interesting.
It isn’t important what we do, but that we do what we love, that we fulfill our own unique destiny whatever that may be. The only thing the world needs right now is for each of us to open our hearts, dive deep into the caverns that lay within us and discover what we love and to give birth to those dreams and that particular destiny that lies waiting.
I think Howard Thurman said it best:
“Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
And the path to “coming alive” is through your heart, by diving into the deep and mysterious and powerful force of love that lies waiting there for you to discover and embrace and then give to the world.
If you long to open your heart and know your destiny but don’t know how or where to begin, join me in my journey and I’ll share tips and tales that will help point you in the direction you were always meant to go (and truthfully, have been traveling all along).
I can’t wait to see what gift of “you” you were born to share with the world! My guess is, it will be something I have never before seen or ever thought of because it will come from YOU and you are the only one who knows and lives the yearnings of your heart.
Until that time, I wish you all the love and happiness an open heart and discovery of destiny can bring,
Born Again Baby